How do I properly clean my e-scooter?
Your e-scooter will do best if you take care of it regularly and carefully. Especially in the winter time, many store their device and want to clean it carefully beforehand. Here are the most important tips and tricks for cleaning your e-scooter:
Important: Disconnect your e-scooter from the charger before cleaning and make sure it is switched off.
If possible, remove the battery before cleaning. In addition, you should carefully read the "Maintenance and care" item in your model's operating instructions.
- If you ride in winter, you should dry the e-scooter with a soft, dry cloth after each ride. Because e-scooters don't like moisture, snow and/or salt! You can read more about the topic of "driving e-scooters in winter" here .
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner! E-scooters are not waterproof. You should adapt the use of water to the respective IP protection value. You can find this information in the operating instructions for your e-scooter.
- A bucket with warm water, a sponge and a dash of cleaning agent (e.g. special cleaning agent for e-bikes or e-scooters) of your choice are sufficient as utensils. To reach all corners, you can simply cut your sponge in half or even smaller. Please note that the cleaner must not get on the bearings and joints as it is fat-dissolving.
- Clean electrical connections dry with a soft cloth or brush.
- You can wipe the display with a damp microfiber cloth.
- Finally, dry well with a microfiber cloth and leave to dry.
- You can also treat your e-scooter with special care products after cleaning. Caution: Avoid using care products containing oil on the brake system (discs or pads).
- We recommend that you always carry out a few test brakes after a thorough cleaning and also check the device for loose parts and damage. If you notice any defects, you should contact us at email@example.com.
And your e-scooter is like new again! If you follow all these tips, you will enjoy your e-scooter for a long time.
Addition: Would you now like to store your e-scooter after cleaning? Then follow the instructions below:
- Charge the battery to around 60-70%
- At least every four weeks, you should recharge the battery to 60-70% to avoid deep discharge
- Protect the e-scooter from external influences, e.g. B. in the preserved original packaging.
- Store the e-scooter dry and at 10 to 15 °C and make sure that the temperature does not fall below 5 °C.