To ensure your VMAX stays in top condition and has a long lifespan, proper storage is crucial. Whether you're mothballing your scooter for the winter break or storing it for longer periods, here are some tips to help you keep your ride in tip-top shape.
Cleaning before storage
Before storing your VMAX, you should clean it thoroughly. Remove dirt, dust and any residue from the ride. Use a soft cloth, mild detergent and water. Be careful not to let any electronic components come into direct contact with water. Dry the scooter thoroughly before storing it.
The battery is one of the most important parts of your e-scooter. To preserve the lifespan of the battery, you should prepare it optimally before storage:
- Partial charging: Charge the battery to about 50-60% before storing it. A completely discharged or fully charged battery is not ideal for storage.
- Regular charging cycles: If the scooter will be stored for a long period of time, give the battery a quick charge every few months to keep it in good condition.
- Storage temperature: Store the battery in moderate temperatures. Extreme heat or cold may affect battery performance.
Protection from environmental influences
An e-scooter is exposed to many environmental influences that can affect its lifespan. Protect him from:
- Humidity: Store the VMAX in a dry place to avoid rusting.
- Direct sunlight: UV rays can damage the material and color of the scooter. A covered storage area is ideal to avoid direct sunlight.
- Dust and dirt: Use a cover to protect your scooter from dust and dirt. A tarpaulin or a special scooter cover are good options.
Select storage location
The place where you store your e-scooter plays a crucial role in its longevity. Here are some points you should keep in mind:
- Dry room: Store your VMAX in a dry room to avoid moisture damage. A basement or garage are good options, provided they are well ventilated.
- Security: Make sure the storage location is secure to avoid theft or damage.
- Stability: Store the VMAX in a place where it can stand stable and upright to avoid deformation or damage.
Even when your VMAX is not in use, it is important to carry out small maintenance on a regular basis. Check the condition of tires, brakes, and other moving parts from time to time. If necessary, lubricate moving parts to prevent seizing or rusting.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your VMAX remains in optimal condition even after long periods of storage. Good care and storage will not only extend the life of your scooter, but also improve your riding experience when you use it again.
See you soon and safe travels! 🛴✨